Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter 2010

Easter wasn't just one day this year it was three. On Saturday we went to our neighborhood annual Easter egg hunt. I pulled my camera out to snap some shots of the girls finding eggs and discovered I forgot to replace the memory card. So sadly I didn't get any pictures. Aleecia didn't find the gold or silver egg and neither did Mia. It was freezing so we didn't stay long.

Saturday night my mom called around 10:00 pm to see when we were coming to visit. Aleecia wanted to talk to her. The next thing I know she is talking about the Easter Bunny. With trying to finish the basement and stuff I hadn't had a chance to get stuff for the Easter Bunny. I thought I might get away with it this year but, grandma got Aleecia all excited. After her conversation with grandma I told Aleecia that grandma was confused and told her the Easter Bunny would come the next night. That seemed to calm her down.

Sunday we went over to grandma Hernandez's house to celebrate. Every year they throw candy all over the grass and have the kids grab what they can (kind of like a pinata that has already been broken).

The Easter Bunny finally made it to our house. Aleecia got a coloring book, a jump rope, and some candy. Mia got jammies, a sippy cup, and some candy. Mia liked the grass in the basket the best.

Aleecia didn't have school on Monday so we went to grandma Talbot's. We colored eggs and had a Easter egg hunt. You can't go to grandma's without getting in the hot tub.


Unexpectedly to me there was a huge snow storm Monday night. On our way home I got stuck. I had to turn the car around and made it up the hill the second time. Once I was at the top I couldn't see anything. I called my dad and he and Ben came to the rescue. Apparently my defroster wasn't working properly and my windshield wipers were old. My dad thought that if we could get down to a lower elevation the snow wouldn't be so bad and I would be able to make it home. So, my dad drove my car and Ben and I followed him in his car. My dad got the defroster to warm up and start to work and the snow wasn't as bad once we got to a lower elevation. I told my dad to pull over and I would drive the rest of the way home. He was very hesitant and wanted to take us all the way home but, I told him we would be fine. The rest of the way home wasn't too bad and we made it home safely. Aleecia was glad we made it home. She was worried we would miss her field trip the next day.

1 comment:

Hendricksonblog said...

I love that last pic of the girls. So cute. Ella worried she would miss the field trip too because she was barfing but it went away. I think she just hates sloppy joes.